Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Especially for my #scrapchat Friends: How I 'Reuse' my Supplies



Okay #scrapchat friends, you ask, I deliver.


At last night's #scrapchat, Q6 asked about if you would be interested in attending a class on how to use your leftover scraps. I got a lot of great feedback from everyone, but one thing that was unanoymous was that not everyone fully understand what I was talking about and wanted more information, so here's a breakdown. :) There'll also be pics at the bottom with examples of things I've made.

Here is what I use my scrapbook paper for in my business, mostly using leftover scraps that I would normally just toss:
  • scrapbooking
  • decorating clipboards
  • making domino, scrabble tile, and bottle cap jewelry
  • handmade note cards
I also make other things with scraps, such as collages, photo corners, embellishments, etc. and there are many craft items you can create from leftover scrap supplies.

Here's what I offer teaching wise:

  • Parties - I come to you with all the supplies and teach you how to make the item - it's a great birthday party or girl's night out idea!
  • Classes - Same as a party but more of a class environment and you might not know everyone.
  • Consults - This is the general concept of a class, but it's over the phone. I talk with you about ways to organize your scraps (not your new stuff, but rather the stuff you would normally throw away, so as to encourage you to find other uses), different craft options, etc.
  • Speaking engagements - More of an idea session where I talk about how to make things work and combine how-tos from the above options.
I actually spoke at a MOPS group recently where I talked about low-cost creative ideas for crafting. One ideas was to make a toliet paper jewelry holder, which was a big hit!

So, if you need some ideas for crafting with leftovers, I can totally help! It's a great way to get your money's worth on what you buy for your scrapbooking and it helps the environment! :)








The bottle cap was made into a magnet using leftover stickers and - wait for it - the back of the paper that the packaging came in! The domino, was made with the one last sticker I had on a sticker sheet I had used, some scrap paper, and domino I found in an old game. The clipboard was made using paper I had left over from a themed scrapbook I made.

Thanks for having me as a sponsor/co-host last night - you ladies rock and I had a great time! :) Leave me a comment about what you think, any ideas you might have for reusing, etc. I'd love to hear from you! :)

Angela

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the blog! Your products are gorgeous, and so is your writing and editing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dana! I love hearing feedback from friends, customers, and even people I've never met - so thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy (Hintz) Coffman-PhillipsMay 4, 2010 at 8:10 PM

    I love the bottlecap with the butterfly. Absolutely beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nancy! It is one of my top sellers and I now make it with other background colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for me - it's the only way I'll know what you're thinking! :) I promise to try and respond...