Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Celebrating Earth Day


Earth Day is here! Thursday, April 22nd is the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, a day set aside to celebrate our Earth and to remind us to take care of our home.

What are you doing to celebrate?

Me, I'll be at the Cy-Fair Women's EXPO. The theme is centered around 'better' and making things more green. I'll have a booth there and will be showcasing my favorite green project.

I worked with a non-profit here in Houston called Sustainable Living in Houston. They were writing a recipe book called Recipes for the Earth, and I was honored to be asked to edit the book. It was my first book to edit and it was also a comp job - I didn't feel right charging a non-profit for something of such an important nature. I was paid beyond monetary value though, and love the reminder that I helped keep the earth green.

You can get the recipe book on their website for only $20. It's full of recipes that you can easily make at home for things like shampoo, dog treats, cleaning supplies, etc. - all natural for the earth! Check it out - and enjoy your Earth Day! :)



Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for me - it's the only way I'll know what you're thinking! :) I promise to try and respond...